My view of 9/11
and on war in general.
In a topic about culture, as a matter of peace: my view on 9/11:
Muslims did not do it.
Who did? According to Cicero over 2,000 years ago: Cui bono.
I have zero inside knowledge of those events, and have drawn my conclusions solely from analysis of data freely available to anyone in the public sector. As a starting point, I suggest a video called "In Plane Sight."
That's coming from someone who:
- Served in two Military Intelligence Linguistics units in the U.S. Army National Guard (never deployed)
- Was the distinguished honor grad at U.S. Army Administration School, Fort Jackson, South Carolina
- Is an effective, open-minded analyst
- Rolled up my sleeves in years of study on the topic of conflict and peace, including millennia of history, and the most intensive of any college class, by far, that I had the privilege of engaging with, authored by the Anenberg Foundation titled "The Dilemmas of War and Peace." (Required about 3 times as much reading as any other college course I encountered.)
- Holds a degree in Social Sciences/History (Psychology, Economics, History, Religion, Language)
I believe that the thing called justified conflict is the rarest of things, and that most conflicts are instead started by greed for power or money, through rumors of war...intentional distortions, from those who stand to benefit most from conflict and division. The saddest of wars are those caused by misunderstanding and fear.
As John Adams, diplomat and second president of the United States said:
"I must study politics and war
that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture,
in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain."
(John Adams considered Cicero his hero and role model, an ancient writer who shaped John's efforts in the founding and shaping of a new nation.)